ECPN stands for Early Career Preventionist Network.
Who qualifies as an “ECPN member”?
- Individuals interested in prevention research
- Early career individuals, within 10 years of graduation from final degree
- Students (undergrad or graduate)
- Postdoctoral researcher or fellow
- Newly hired faculty members, practitioners or professionals
- Membership to SPR is NOT necessary to be an ECPN member
- However, ECPN members who are members of SPR have access to cool perks and benefits!
- Visit SPR Membership for more information on being a member of SPR and the benefits, such as travel awards, and the discounted rates offered!
What does ECPN do at the SPR meeting?
- Lead sessions and activities at SPR’s annual meeting organized by ECPN (open to all)
- *A luncheon (usually on Thursday at 11:45 AM)
- *Two roundtable/discussion sessions (Time slots TBA)
- Fun Walk/Run- open to all SPR attendees! (usually on Thursday morning)
- Organize SPR activities specifically for ECPN members
- Student Poster Contest
- SPR Cup Competition (co-sponsored by ECPN)
- *Social Hour at SPR’s annual meeting (usually on Thursday evening)
*See the annual meeting program to see this year’s topics and schedules
What can I get out of ECPN?
- Networking and professional development
- Connect with early-career individuals from various disciplines who share similar interests
- Learn about other research projects in prevention
- Exchange research ideas
- Meet potential collaborators
- Make your first steps in professional service activities… and improve your CV!
- Involvement in ECPN creates opportunities for broader SPR networking
- Participate in other SPR committees or task forces
- Be an abstract reviewer for the annual meeting
- Act as an ECPN liaison to other SPR bodies
- …and more!
- Listserv for year round communication
- See testimonials from current and former ECPN members: #WhySPR
How can I get involved?
There are many ways to get involved in ECPN…
- At the SPR annual meeting, say hello!
- Find us at the ECPN table near the conference registration desk
- Talk to an ECPN steering committee member at SPR if you see us around
- ECPN social hour (check this year’s program to get the details!)
- Join one of the many ECPN Committees, such as:
- Steering Committee, Poster contest, Awards, Webpage, Scavenger hunt, Evaluation, Annual meeting program
- The chair of ECPN (email@example.com) sends out an email in August of each year to everyone who is interested in becoming actively involved, with instructions on how to join one of our committees