Deadline: February 28, 2023
Emerging, Hot Topic Abstracts
We welcome you to submit an “emerging, hot topic” abstract for an individual poster presentation, an organized paper symposium or a roundtable discussion/scientific dialogue at the SPR 2023 Annual Meeting. Consider submitting if your research, methodology, policy work, or new data represent an emerging, hot topic issue, and especially if it relates to the overall conference theme of “The Role of Prevention Science in Achieving Social Justice and Health Equity for All.”
The emerging, hot topic submissions should focus on ground-breaking and unique data that would not otherwise have been presented at the conference.
We welcome emerging research related to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, particularly how the pandemic has impacted health disparities, the role of prevention science research in reducing the negative impact of COVID-19, and how biology and context can inform research related to preventing the negative consequences of COVID-19.
Recent emerging, hot topic issues include (but are not limited to): the impact of structural and systemic racism on health, the role of social inequities on the health of underrepresented minorities, natural disasters including earthquakes, tsunamis, wildfires, and extreme weather; interventions and outcomes for immigrants; food safety; outbreaks of infectious diseases; safety issues related to autonomous vehicles; effects of high profile mass shootings; the role of primary prevention in addressing the opioid crisis; influence of changing cannabis laws on prevention-related programs, policies and practices; changing regulation around vaping/e-cigarettes use, type of use, and consequences of these devices; and Family First Prevention and Services Act implementation; Foundations for Evidence Based Policymaking implementation; maternal mortality; efforts to create a national mobilization to reduce the prevalence of neighborhoods and communities of concentrated disadvantage.
- All abstracts must be submitted online at https://spr.confex.com/spr/spr2023/cfp.cgi.
- Abstract format types and abstract requirements: Please refer to abstract submission guidelines for the following abstract types: individual poster presentation, organized paper symposium and roundtable discussions/scientific dialogues at https://spr.confex.com/spr/spr2023/cfp.cgi.
- If you submit an emerging, hot top abstract, please include “EHT” as a prefix to your title.
- The emerging, hot topic abstract deadline is not intended as an extension of the general submission date which has passed.
- Accepted individual poster presentation abstracts will be presented during one of the 3 evening poster sessions.
- Accepted organized paper symposia and roundtable discussions/scientific dialogues will be presented as a 90-minute concurrent session.
- Emerging, hot topic abstracts will undergo formal peer review evaluation by the SPR Conference Committee.
- Acceptance notifications will be mid-to-late March 2023.
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Questions? Contact Jennifer Lewis at (email) email@example.com or (phone) 703-934-4850, ext. 213.